Monday, January 14, 2008

Story of the Month: The tale of my fish

On a cold November night, I was about to leave for the market with my cheery clan of giggle bucket girls. The young lad Peter ran up to me with the oddest expression on his face. I looked at him, he thought for a minute, "EMILY!" He says. "What?" I replied. "Your fish...is...dead." With the great amount of shock running through my body I repeated my question. "What?" He said, "Isaac killed it." I dropped my stuff that was strewn across my arms in place and ran down the stairs. I looked across the room where the the fish jar would have been and to my dismay the jar, pebbles, all the water and the fish were on the carpet. I rushed to where the poor aquatic creature lay, he was more still than a rock on a windless day. I grabbed the net and prepared to flush him, then with great surprise he flopped all over the place, almost out of the net. So I ran upstairs with fish in fishnet and jar in hand and went upstairs to quickly put him in filtered water, I started to panic as I realized he would then die of shock from the cold water. My mother forced me hand to dump the fish into the cold fresh water and said ," now go get the cookies I'll watch the fish." So off I went. I came back to see that he had floated to the top and was laying on his side. Being human my first reaction was to tap the jar (why we do that is still a mystery.) To my delight he fluttered all over the jar! I took him downstairs back to his home on the top of m bookshelf. And there he remains alive and eating with only a few missing scales. THE END.

No comments:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

ATTN: Kids of Faith has moved to www.kidsoffaithonline.net

Don't know how to comment?

Don't know how to comment? Simply click the "Comments" link at the bottom of each entry. Then, on the side of the page, there will be a text box. Type what you would like to say, then scroll down to where it says "select an identity". Select "Other" (unless you have a Blogger account), then type whatever you want to your name to appear as. Note: For security please don't use your full name, only first name. Next, also type your webpage or blog URL if you have one. Then click "publish comment". I can't wait to read your responses!