Welcome
Greetings!
Welcome to Kids of Faith. This is an online newsletter encouraging young Christians to be Kids of Faith, and hold on to Jesus and what is right. Along with that, we also have fun stuff, including jokes and riddles, animal facts, and also a story of the month. Below is an index of all of the things featured in this issue. Each month it will be updated, so that you can access any of these articles with the click of a button.
What's in August's Issue:
The Country Life - Special Interview - Join us as we peek into the lives of two homesteading girls.
In Watching the Storm - Realizing God's mighty power.
The Duck that Was a Kitten - A Short Story
Story of the Month: Unbroken Love - by Catey, age 15
The Shed - A poem by Eliza, age 14
Summer Treats - Apples & Apple Dip, Honey Lemonade
Joke & Riddle Corner #4 - Tongue Twisters
Past Issues
2008
May - Spring 2008
January - Winter 2007-8
2007
November - Fall 2007
The contents of this newsletter has been submitted by friends of mine. I am currently not accepting submissions from the outside.
If you're wondering how to comment, simply click the button that says "Comments". That will take you to the comment window. On the right side, there will be a space, and below that it will say "Choose an Identity". Select "Other", and then you can type your name in (first names only, please). If you have a webpage or blog, you can type that in, too. Then click "Publish Comment".
We hope you enjoy yourselves here, and also that you'll come back.
Kind Regards,
Miss Kylie, age 12
Editor of Kids of Faith



14 comments:
I think this is a great idea. May I join?
I studied not to long ago about the importance of prayer in my sunday school class. The world itself certainly needs more prayers and prayer warriors to do it.
This is really cool! I have only read the first two posts so far and they were great!
:::Jo:::
Great site. God' peace to you.....
Hello Kylie-
Thought I would come over and leave a comment over here. Looks fun, the newsletter I mean. I can't wait to see the new stuff!
Stop by sometime soon!
Love,
Rachel
Hey, um... how did you want me to submit a recipe? By email, or what? I can do whatever you want. :)
Loved this edition of the newsletter. I have not had time to read all the articles, but I will. :D
ttyl girly... love ya... and thanks for the signature. :)
Love,
Rachel
Ps. got the email you sent! lol
Hey there Kylie. Me again.
I can't believe that the Prayer Challenge is over now. But that doesn't mean that we have to stop praying! *We should pray everyday for the unsaved people.*
I was thinking, maybe we should have a prayer challenge every month for 20 days. You know like have them pray for one family in a country, or a person in power of that country. They would be able to learn a lot from doing stuff like that. Learn about their government and such.
But it was just a thought. You run this blog... so you can decide, and I wouldn't want to seem like I am copying you and Jocelyn by doing it myself. :)
Well, I will try to get something to you for next month. Tell me if you need something I could write besides recipes, kind of like an article about a certain subject. Whatever you want me to do is fine. :)
Love ya girly... did you get my letter? Just wondering.
Love,
Rachel
Hey there... I got your email about a submission. I have not looked in my folder for about a week. Sorry if I did not reply to it quickly. :) Really sorry. :)
I can do a book review. Have you read the one I did for the Elsie Dinsmore series on GGM? I could do the other two Life of Faith books, the Millie Keith and the Laylie Colbert ones. I could do a review for them for KOF but also for my own blog. I also wrote another review for GGM for the June issue.
Would that work out? I could also do a short, very easy recipe if you'd like. I could take pictures too. Like deviled eggs or something easy like that. Whatever you want is fine. :)
Just let me know!
Love,
Rachel
Ps. Get my letter yet? Just wondering. :)
Hello, there!
How would I go about joining...? I noticed y'all's button on Rachel (rjdjohn316's) blog and clicked. Lo and behold I found y'all's wonderful site!
--Renee--
Ok, hey... Sorry I got cut off talking with you. I had to help clean in the kitchen. but it was lots of fun! :) We should do it more often.
About the submissions or whatever you call them, I can do the recipe, write a brand new book review that has not been used before, the interview questions, and I was thinking maybe to write a poem. :) Something about summer maybe... IDK. Let me know what you think.
You can leave a comment telling me whatever, or you can just email me the questions for the interview. (Jocelyn said she thinks she deleted them.) Just put Lady Rachel in the email or title, and it will go to my folder. Whichever way is best for you. :)
And, I was wondering, are you going to be doing the 20-Day Prayer Challenge again? I just finished reading China Cry by Nora Lam Sung, and it broke my heart to know what the Chinese Communists did to the people of China and what they are still doing. I was just wondering. I am still praying for America and China. Just a thought. You could do a new one every time you publish.
Well, lemme know.
Love ya girly!
love,
Rachel
hey, I know this is kind of late, but what is the theme for this issue? You can comment me on my blog and tell me, ok? :)
Love ya!
Love,
Rachel
This is great, Kylie! I enjoyed reading all the articles! Great job compliling it all- I know the Lord will use this for His glory.
Love you,
~Grace
Am I missing Nick's submission about the library movies?
Hey there Kylie -
I was wondering if you needed any submissions for the next issue of the newsletter. Are you doing a Christmas one? I could do another recipe, or like how to make a Christmas card... or a edible cookie bowl. (Yes, you can eat the bowl!)
Well, let me know so I can get it back to you if you need any!
Love ya girly, and miss ya. :o)
Love,
Rachel
Post a Comment