The Importance of Prayer
The Importance of Prayer
by Elisabeth B.
We need to be fighting for America. Although some of us aren’t able to fight physically, we can still pray. Even at a young age, we should be prayer warriors and spiritual defenders of our nation. Sadly, in this fast-paced world, not many people pray on a daily basis. If we all started praying daily, can you imagine how powerful that could be, not to mention how much it could do?
Now, I know you probably struggle with finding time to pray. I know I do. Here are some suggestions that may work:
- While you’re in bed, waiting to fall asleep
- While you’re doing your chores
- While you’re getting ready (either in the morning or at night)
- A spare moment in between subjects at school
Actually, it doesn’t matter where you pray. God can hear you anywhere, so why worry about it? Also, it doesn’t have to be long and complicated. Just a few, simple words are fine.
You might also struggle with what to pray for. Here are some things you can pray for:
- President Bush & the other leaders of our country. Pray that they would have wisdom in making the right decisions.
- The soldiers that are fighting in Iraq. Pray for protection, strength, and courage for these brave young men and women and their families.
- The 9/11 victims’ families. Pray that they would have comfort, and, if they don’t know Jesus, that God would send the right people into their lives to share Him with them.
- For the continued safety, protection, and future of our nation.
Here are some Bible verses that can encourage you to pray:
Psalm 4:3
Know that the LORD has set apart the godly for himself;
the LORD will hear when I call to him.
1 Kings 8:45
then hear from heaven their prayer and their plea, and uphold their cause
Psalm 6:9
The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.
Psalm 121:1-2
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Let's start showing Satan how we can fight - let's PRAY!! You never know what a couple words can do!



2 comments:
Thanks for the encouragement - I have always felt the need to pray, but have trouble finding the time! Thanks again
You are very welcome. I am glad you enjoyed it! :)
Post a Comment